Neuroscience Meet-Ups Policies
A New Networking Opportunity for SfN Members to Build Communities
Connect and engage informally with registered attendees virtually or in-person outside of the hours of the Neuroscience 2022 Scientific Program. There is no fee to submit a Meet-Up request. These informal social events are organized by SfN members, for other individuals that share a common interest.
Meet-Ups are informal and will be open to all registered attendees for the annual meeting. Meet-Ups can take place virtually or in-person at a local venue of the organizer’s choosing, such as restaurants, libraries, local parks, etc. Meet-Ups will not be allowed in contracted SfN meeting spaces. Meet-Ups will not be organized or funded by SfN.
Neuroscience Meet-Ups can be small with just a few people or large gatherings; however, we recognize the event venue might have limited capacity. Meet-Up organizers are encouraged to create a pre-registration process to help determine space requirements.
The expectation is that there is no sponsorship or a formal program. Exhibiting companies and annual meeting sponsors are not permitted to host Meet-Ups.
The submission period for Neuroscience Meet-Ups to be held during Neuroscience 2022 has now closed.
- To submit a Meet-Up request, Organizers must be SfN members registered for Neuroscience 2022.
- Event is open to all annual meeting attendees.
- All events to be scheduled outside of the SfN program hours at off-site venues.
- There is no limit on the number of Meet-Ups a member may organize.
- Meet-Up organizers and attendees must comply with the Code of Conduct at SfN Events
Request Form Requirements
- A request form must be submitted for each individual Meet-Up.
- The form requires the SfN member’s name, address, contact information, SfN ID number, event title, description, event registration link, date, time, location, and release waiver.
Approved Meet-Up Dates and Timeframes
- Friday, November 11: All day
- Saturday, November 12: 7–10 a.m. and 6:30–10 p.m.
- Sunday, November 13-Tuesday, November 15: 7–8 a.m. and 6:30–10 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 16: 7–8 a.m. and 5–10 p.m.
Times are in Pacific Standard Time (PST).
SfN will post these events on the website, in the mobile app, and the Neuroscience Meeting Planner starting in September. SfN will list the title, date, time, location, event registration link, and contact information only. Descriptions of Meet-Ups will not be included. All Meet-Ups will be listed together by day and cannot be individually added to itineraries. By contrast, SfN-Sponsored Socials, satellites, and other SfN events list full descriptions and can be added individually to itineraries through the Neuroscience Meeting Planner and annual meeting mobile app.