The NeuroAdvocate Challenge
SfN’s NeuroAdvocate Challenge paves the way for further advancements in neuroscience by connecting participants with policymakers and the public locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Reach out to your elected officials to arrange a lab tour or in-district meeting at your institution over Brain Awareness Week.
- U.S. legislators will be traveling back to their districts March 16–22 during Brain Awareness Week, making it the perfect time to connect with your representatives and their offices. International advocates are also encouraged to connect with policymakers in their home country during this time.
- Watch videos on how to share your personal story and how to conduct an effective meeting with a congressional office.
- Write, rewrite, and practice telling your story. Share your story with SfN when reporting challenge activities and email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive individual feedback on how to effectively communicate your story with Congressional offices. Make sure to also share your story on social media using #NeuroAdvocate.
Over the past 50 years, SfN members and other neuroscientists across the globe have been building an interdisciplinary society aimed at advancing scientific exchange, supporting the neuroscience community, educating and engaging the public, and advocating for the field.
In this landmark year, SfN aims to provide an outlet for NeuroAdvocates to come together to show their dedication to the field. As such, SfN has rolled out the NeuroAdvocate Challenge!
- All past, present, and future NeuroAdvocates are invited to compete in this challenge, regardless of location and experience.
- The challenge is comprised of advocacy activities that can be carried out alongside SfN from Neuroscience 2019 to December of 2020.
- Active NeuroAdvocates will be recognized and will have the chance to attend SfN’s 15th Capitol Hill Day in 2021.
- In order to participate and be eligible, you must sign-up for the challenge. Participants may sign up for the challenge at any time between October 2019 and December 2020, and do not need to attend annual meetings to participate.
- In order to be recognized for your accomplishments, please report back and let SfN know what activities you have carried out.
Questions? Reach out to us at email@example.com.