The NeuroAdvocate Challenge
SfN’s NeuroAdvocate Challenge paves the way for further advancements in neuroscience by connecting participants with policymakers and the public locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Refresh yourself on what advocacy is and why it matters.
- As many are navigating the new school year, review what advocacy is and why it matters. Learn how your voice as a constituent-scientist is particularly valuable and how SfN and the broader scientific community typically collaborate for a larger impact.
- Equip yourself with all the information you need to vote in the 2020 U.S. election, if you are able to vote in the United States.
- Whether you plan to vote in person or by mail, vote.org allows you to register to vote, check your registration, easily reference important dates and deadlines, request an absentee ballot, find your polling place, and/or become a poll worker. Click here to learn more about candidates running for office in your community.
About the Challenge
Over the past 50 years, SfN members and other neuroscientists across the globe have been building an interdisciplinary society aimed at advancing scientific exchange, supporting the neuroscience community, educating and engaging the public, and advocating for the field.
In this landmark year, SfN aims to provide an outlet for NeuroAdvocates to come together to show their dedication to the field. As such, SfN has rolled out the NeuroAdvocate Challenge.
- All past, present, and future NeuroAdvocates are invited to compete in this challenge, regardless of location and experience.
- The challenge is comprised of advocacy activities that can be carried out alongside SfN from Neuroscience 2019 to December of 2020.
- Active NeuroAdvocates will be recognized and will have the chance to attend SfN’s 15th Capitol Hill Day in 2021.
- In order to participate and be eligible, you must sign-up for the challenge. Participants may sign up for the challenge at any time between October 2019 and December 2020, and do not need to attend annual meetings to participate.
- In order to be recognized for your accomplishments, please report back and let SfN know what activities you have carried out.
Questions? Reach out to us at email@example.com.