Institutional Program Member Benefits
Programs that provide training in neuroscience and related fields can benefit from this specialized membership.
Enjoy unique opportunities and benefits to support the education and training of future generations of neuroscientists.
IP membership is available for formal programs at educational or research facilities that include undergraduate, predoctoral, or postdoctoral trainees engaged in neuroscience research and/or study, and that provide trainees with the expertise in a wide range of interdisciplinary scientific skillsets to propel the scientific enterprise toward discovery and to further our understanding of the workings of the nervous system.
Become an Institutional Program Member
As an IP member, you will gain:
- A listing in the Neuroscience Training Programs Directory
- One free email per year to SfN’s student members. Please review the request guidelines.
- Discounted registration for graduate degree-granting programs to exhibit at the Graduate School Fair at SfN’s annual meeting
- A 25 percent discount on any NeuroJobs Career Center (NJCC) package purchased during the membership year.
IP Membership eligibility is extended to:
- Academic departments and programs that award undergraduate major or advanced degrees in neuroscience or neuroscience-related disciplines (e.g., psychology, biomedical engineering).
- Non-degree-granting training entities, such as:
- Short-term training grants.
- Post-baccalaureate programs.
- Organizations with summer neuroscience programs.
- Non-degree-granting research institutions or centers.
- Postdoctoral training programs at pharmaceutical or biotechnology companies.
- Reduced dues rates for institutions based in developing countries (as classified by the World Bank).
- Applications for IP membership in these reduced dues categories must include a primary address within the Category I, II or III country.
- See Information for Members in Developing Countries for rates and details.
- Graduate or postdoctoral programs: $410
- Undergraduate programs: $165
- Non-degree-granting programs: $165
- Institutions in developing countries: See Information for Members in Developing Countries for rates