Individual Member Benefits
From publications to programs to research, you’ll have access to all the great science.
Be part of the largest global community of neuroscientists and clinicians
With over 36,000 members worldwide, SfN is committed to advancing the field of neuroscience through access to venues for sharing great science, support for career development, and public education and outreach.
From annual meeting benefits to support for animal researchers, SfN offers a wealth of resources designed to help members advance their careers and the field of neuroscience.
Become an Individual Member
Members-only opportunities for the SfN annual meeting include:
- Presenting an abstract
- Submitting proposals for symposia and minisymposia
- Enjoying reduced registration rates and advanced registration
- Early hotel reservations on Bonus Day, if you activated 2023 membership by April 4 at 11:59 p.m. EDT
Career Development and Networking
Members-only professional development and networking opportunities include:
- Unlimited, year-round access to Neuronline, including webinars and articles.
- Eligibility for travel grants to attend international partner meetings
- Inclusion in the SfN Individual Member Directory to have your profile discoverable by your colleagues to establish connections.
Members enjoy access to the following publications and related benefits:
- Individual subscription access to JNeurosci to read all content online
- Discounted publication fees for both eNeuro and JNeurosci
- Neuroscience Quarterly, SfN's newsletter
- Neuroscience Nexus, SfN's biweekly email
Members can advance the field and build leadership skills by:
- Educating the public about neuroscience promise and progress, including educational events and awards
- Getting involved in a variety of SfN Initiative Programs
- Strengthening the voice of neuroscientists in public policy decision-making
- Serving on SfN committees
- Voting in SfN's annual officers and councilors election
- Sponsoring new member applications
- Starting or joining a local SfN Chapter
- Nominating candidates for SfN-sponsored prizes and awards