Neuroscience History Resources
SfN has compiled the following collection of external web resources:
- International Society for the History of Neurosciences (ISHN) - Society founded to improve communication between individuals and groups interested in the history of neuroscience, promote research in the history of neuroscience, and promote education in and stimulate interest for the history of neuroscience.
- Journal of the History of Neurosciences - Official journal of ISHN.
- The History of Neuroscience Internet Forum (found on the homepage) - An internet forum for exchanging information on any aspect of the neuroscience history. Includes announcements, inquiries and discussion on access to historical sources, their use and interpretation.
- Wellcome Unit for the History of Medicine - A leading international centre for graduate research and teaching in many aspects of the history of medicine. The Wellcome Unit is affiliated with the University of Oxford.
- Wellcome Library - Collections of books, manuscripts, archives, films and pictures on the history of medicine from the earliest times to the present day.
Archives, Gateways and Series
- UCLA Neuroscience History Archives - Promotes the advancement and diffusion of knowledge about the history of neuroscience by creating a documentary heritage for future generations.
- History of Neuroscience Series - A series developed by the International Brain Research Organization that brings together and publicizes relevant aspects of the history of neuroscience.
Timelines, Images and Memoirs
- Milestones in History of Neuroscience Research - A timeline of dates and events in neuroscience, collected by Eric Chudler, PhD, a director of education and outreach at the University of Washington.
- Images from the History of Medicine - Access to the nearly 60,000 images in the prints and photograph collection of the History of Medicine Division of the U.S. National Library of Medicine.
- Biographical Memoirs from The National Academies - An alphabetical listing of 500 biographical memoirs.