Chapter Annual Report
Why do we need to submit an annual report?
To remain active, SfN chapters are required to submit an annual report once every two calendar years. Reports should include information about chapter governance, membership, finances, and activities. For chapters in the United States, submitting the annual report ensures eligibility for nonprofit status for tax purposes.
All annual reports must be submitted through the online submission portal.
What do I need to know to submit my report?
You must be a chapter representative to log in and submit your annual report. Log into the online submission portal using your SfN credentials.
For security reasons, the server will time out after 20 minutes of inactivity.
Assemble the requested information before beginning the online submission.
What do I need to include?
- Governance: Names of all chapter officers.
- Chapter Demographics: Numbers of current chapter members, institutions involved in chapter activities, business meeting dates, and communications information.
- Finances: Cash balance, total reportable income as well as a breakdown of income (such as grants and dues) and expenses (such as meetings, Brain Awareness Week activities, website fees).
- Tax Information: Most recent filing applicable to your geographic region. For U.S. chapters, 990N/990EZ and employee identification number (EIN) are required.
- Events: Chapter annual meeting information (such as activities, institutions involved, and number of attendees) and information about additional events.
You must fill in the required fields on each page of the report in order to save that page and continue.