Neuroscience Meet-Ups Policies
A Networking Opportunity for SfN Members to Build Communities
Connect and engage informally with registered attendees virtually or in-person outside of the hours of the Neuroscience 2023 Scientific Program. There is no fee to submit a Meet-Up request. These informal social events are organized by SfN members, for other individuals that share a common interest.
Meet-Ups are informal and will be open to all registered attendees for the annual meeting. Meet-Ups can take place virtually or in-person at a local venue of the organizer’s choosing, such as restaurants, libraries, local parks, etc. Meet-Ups will not be allowed in contracted SfN meeting spaces. Meet-Ups will not be organized or funded by SfN.
Neuroscience Meet-Ups can be small with just a few people or large gatherings; however, we recognize the event venue might have limited capacity. Meet-Up organizers are encouraged to create a pre-registration process to help determine space requirements, as SfN does not handle the registration for these events.
The expectation is that there is no sponsorship or a formal program. Exhibiting companies and annual meeting sponsors are not permitted to host Meet-Ups.
Neuroscience Meet-Up submissions will open this summer.
- To submit a Meet-Up request, Organizers must be SfN members registered for Neuroscience 2023.
- Event is open to all annual meeting attendees.
- All events must be scheduled outside of the SfN program hours at off-site venues. The event location must be included on the form at the time of submission.
- There is no limit on the number of Meet-Ups a member may organize.
- Meet-Up organizers and attendees must comply with the Code of Conduct Pertaining to SfN Events.
Request Form Requirements
- A request form must be submitted for each individual Meet-Up. An email confirmation will be sent after a request has been received. Organizers will be notified of event approvals within two weeks of submission.
- The form requires the SfN member’s name, address, contact information, SfN ID number, event title, description, event registration link, date, time, location, and release waiver.
- The Program Committee will review all event requests.
Approved Meet-Up Dates and Timeframes
- Friday, November 10: All day
- Saturday, November 11: 7–10 a.m. and 6:30–10 p.m.
- Sunday, November 12-Tuesday, November 14: 7–8 a.m. and 6:30–10 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 15: 7–8 a.m. and 5–10 p.m.
Times are in Eastern Standard Time (EST).
SfN will post these events in the mobile app, and the Neuroscience Meeting Planner starting in September. SfN will list the title, date, time, location, event registration link, and contact information only. Descriptions of Meet-Ups will not be included. All Meet-Ups will be listed together by day and cannot be individually added to itineraries. By contrast, SfN-Sponsored Socials, satellites, and other SfN events list full descriptions and can be added individually to itineraries through the Neuroscience Meeting Planner and annual meeting mobile app.