Non-Contracted Exhibit Space
Any person, firm, or organization not having contracted with the Society for the occupancy of space in the exhibit hall will not be permitted to display or demonstrate any products, processes, or services; solicit orders; or distribute advertising materials in the Walter E. Washington Convention Center or in any hotel used by the Society to house registrants. Any noncompliance with this regulation will result in the prompt removal of the offending person and property from the area. No exhibit will be permitted in a hotel room.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Exhibitors shall be responsible for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1992 with regard to their exhibit space, including, but not limited to wheelchair access. Further information regarding ADA compliance is available online via the ADA Information Line at (800) 514-0301.
Each 10’ x 10’ exhibit space will have 8’ high back drape and 36” side rail defining the confines of the space, aisle carpet will be provided in the exhibit hall. Exhibitors must provide carpeting in their exhibit space. A booth identification sign measuring 7” x 44” and showing only the company name will also be supplied in all linear booths. Companies with Island & Peninsula booths must submit models or schematic drawings of cubic content of exhibits in advance to Exhibit Management for approval.
Only companies with island booths are permitted to hang a sign over their booth. Sign height limit is 20 ft. All Island and Peninsula booths must submit drawings no later than September 1.
- Linear (Inline) Booths have only one side exposed to an aisle and are generally arranged in a series along a straight line.
- A Corner Booth is a Linear Booth exposed to aisles on two sides.
- All display material is restricted to a maximum height of 48 in. except for the back wall of the display, which is limited to 8 ft. in height.
- The booth height may be maintained up to 50 % of the distance from the back wall toward the front of the space.
- No obstructions in the front half of the booth above the height of 48 in. will be permitted.
- No exhibit may span an aisle by roofing or floor covering.
- End-cap booths are not permitted.
- An end-cap booth is defined as a booth exposed to aisles on three sides and consisting of two booths.
- End-cap Booths are 10 ft. deep by 20 ft. wide.
- The maximum back wall height of 8 ft. is allowed only in the back half of the booth space and within 5 ft. of the two sides, with a 4 ft. height restriction imposed on all materials remaining in the remaining space forward to the aisle.
- A Peninsula Booth is exposed to aisles on three sides and composed of a minimum of four booths (400 sq. ft.).
- With peninsula booth units, the peninsula should not cause a visual disadvantage to the adjacent exhibits that is greater than would be caused by an in-line booth in the immediately adjacent space.
- Double-sided signs, logos and graphics shall be set back 10 ft. from adjacent booths.
- Inline booth restrictions apply to the 10 ft. portion of the exhibit that borders on another exhibitor’s booth; island specifications and restrictions apply to the remaining portion of the peninsula booth.
- Models or schematic drawings of cubic content exhibits should be submitted in advance to Exhibit Management for approval no later than September 1.
Companies with peninsula booths are not permitted to hang a sign over their booth.
- An Island Booth is exposed to aisles on all four sides.
- In island booth units, the full cubic content of the space may be used; however, all display material is restricted to 16 ft. in height.
- Sufficient see-through areas must be provided so as not to block the view of the adjacent exhibits.
Models or schematic drawings of cubic content exhibits should be submitted in advance to Exhibit Management for approval no later than September 1.
Product Category Listing
Each exhibiting company is asked to select a maximum of eight product categories from the SfN Product Category List that best describes their products being offered to annual meeting attendees. Please refer to the online application for submission of product categories. To ensure inclusion in the Program and Exhibit Guide, exhibitors must submit product category lists by August 30 at 5:00 p.m. EST.
Note: Only company products and company contact information are published in the Program and Exhibit Guide.