Green for Neuroscience 2019
As part of its Environmental Commitment at the annual meeting, SfN leads the following green initiatives:
SfN makes all efforts to use recycled paper and sustainable ink for printed materials distributed to Neuroscience 2019 attendees, in addition to providing recycling centers on-site. Where possible, SfN has transitioned resources to be digital, minimizing the need to use and distribute paper.
Green facts about the SfN annual meeting badge:
- Your SfN annual meeting badge paper is 100 percent eucalyptus, a recognized fast growing and renewable resource.
- The annual meeting badge is an acid free and Green Seal Certified product. As a Forest Stewardship Council product, the badge paper helps to eliminate habitat destruction, water pollution, and displacement of indigenous peoples and wildlife.
After the meeting, recycle your badge on-site by placing it in the badge recycle bins.
Green facts about the SfN annual meeting lanyard and badge holder:
- The lanyards for the 2019 SfN annual meeting are made from recycled plastics, including plastic beverage bottles, that are woven into a fiber.
- Have a lanyard laying around from a past annual meeting? Remember to bring it to Chicago to reuse.
- Your badge holder is made of vinyl. After the meeting, you can recycle your badge holder on-site by placing it in one of the badge recycling bins.
As an extension of SfN’s green initiatives, attendees will incur a $25 fee for badge reprints.
Additionally, the McCormick Place Convention Center, as well as Marriott and Hyatt hotels, offer the following information about their green initiatives: