Brain Awareness Week 2014 Roundup
Apr 01, 2014
Congratulations on a successful Brain Awareness Week 2014! Here are some examples of engaging BAW events from around the globe:
- Middle school students partook in a unique hands-on experience at the National Museum of Health and Medicine in Silver Spring, Maryland
- Congresswoman Ros-Lehtinen attended and spoke about the importance of neuroscience education at the 5th annual Brain Fair in Miami, Florida
- At Jerusalem Cinematheque in Israel, the special week-long event Cinema and Brain Week showcased brain related film screenings
- A lecture series was held in the Baricoche Civic Center in Argentina, highlighting local neuroscience research
- Hundreds of secondary school students participated in a National Brain Bee competition in Australia
To learn more about BAW 2014 around the world, visit the Dana Foundation’s blog posts about BAW in Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia, South America and North America.
How did you participate in the global celebration this year? SfN and The Dana Foundation would love to hear from organizers, educators, and participants about your experiences. Become a Brain Awareness Week partner and share your stories, activities, and pictures.