Organize or attend a virtual reception, alumni event, reunion, or gathering.
Submission is Now Open
**Click the above button to be directed to the Call for Global Connectome Socials Site. Click on "Application Login" to log in to your SfN account. Next, click on the dropdown menu to select "Call for Global Connectome Socials." If you experience difficulties with accessing the submission site from the dropdown menu, contact Meeting Services staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.**
A virtual social event is a reception, alumni event, reunion, or specialty group gathering that includes some neuroscience content or relevance. All SfN members and exhibitors who have registered for the event are welcome to submit a request to host a virtual social event.
All events are scheduled in conjunction with the SfN Global Connectome and must adhere to SfN’s Guidelines for Meetings and Conferences. This includes abiding by the SfN Code of Conduct for Scientific Meetings. Events will be reviewed and approved by the SfN Program Committee.
Accepted socials will be listed in the SfN Global Connectome digital itinerary. Organizers are responsible for selecting a virtual venue, hosting the event, and monitoring the event for appropriate conduct. Social events will not be hosted on the SfN Global Connectome platform and will not be monitored by SfN staff.
Applications to organize a virtual social will be accepted starting Monday, November 16, 2020 through Friday, December 4, 2020.
Socials Dates and Times
- Monday, January 11, 9–10 a.m. and 3:30–4:30 p.m. EST
- Tuesday, January 12, 9–10 a.m. and 3:30–4:30 p.m. EST
- Wednesday, January 13, 9–10 a.m. and 3:30–4:30 p.m. EST
Fees and Refunds
- There is not a separate charge to organize a virtual social.
- SfN members and exhibitors are required to register for SfN Global Connectome prior to submitting a request to organize a social.
- If you need to cancel your social event, your event will be removed from the SfN Global Connectome program. Your meeting registration fee will not be refunded.
- The socials must include some neuroscience content or relevance.
- Events are open to all attendees.
- Brief presentations and commercial product demonstrations are both permitted.
- Organizers are responsible for selecting a virtual venue, hosting the event, and monitoring the event for appropriate conduct. All social events will be held outside of the SfN Global Connectome platform.
- Organizers must disclose to attendees if the event is being recorded or if attendee information is being shared with any third parties.
- SfN members and exhibitors must be registered for SfN Global Connectome prior to submitting a request to organize a social.
- Each social may be scheduled for up to two timeframes to reach a broader audience. Organizers may select one morning and one afternoon timeslot.
- Organizers may submit more than one separate social event.
- Events will be reviewed and approved by the Program Committee.
- All events are scheduled in conjunction with the Virtual Experience and must adhere to SfN’s Guidelines for Meetings and Conferences and abide by the SfN Code of Conduct for Scientific Meetings.
- Organizers are approved to distribute product literature via email during the event.
- Organizers may refer to a product as a reference tool during presentations.
- Organizers are permitted to conduct drawings or award gifts to attendees during their social. Organizers must adhere to the exhibitor guidelines for giveaways.
- Product demonstrations by a registered exhibitor or by a neuroscientist describing how they are using a registered exhibitor’s product are permitted.
- Private event requests will not be accepted.
- Commercial products may not be distributed.
- Organizers are not permitted to use the Society for Neuroscience’s name, acronym, or logo on website URLs, email subject lines, or marketing materials.
- The SfN Global Connectome logo may not be used without prior written permission. The event may be referred to by organizers as SfN Global Connectome: A Virtual Event in any marketing materials.