The Patricia Goldman-Rakic Hall of Honor
The Patricia Goldman-Rakic Hall of Honor is a posthumous award for a neuroscientist who pursued career excellence and exhibited dedication to the advancement of women in neuroscience.
The recipient is recognized at the SfN annual meeting and a family member of the deceased honoree is invited to the annual meeting in their memory. For more information, please review the Awards and Prizes FAQs.
Nomination Criteria & Materials
- Nominations must be made or endorsed by an SfN member.
- Nominees do not need to have been SfN members.
- No person may nominate more than one candidate.
- Due to potential conflicts of interest, members of the selection committee cannot serve as nominators nor write letters of recommendation for this prize.
Nomination materials include the following:
- One nomination letter and a maximum of two optional letters of recommendation
- One letter must summarize key research accomplishments, mentoring, leadership and service, and the significance and impact of the candidate's work and activities related to the advancement of women's careers in neuroscience
- Nominee’s CV
- Nominees must have exhibited dedication to facilitating the mentoring and entry of early career women into neuroscience or to the advancement of women in neuroscience.
- Nominees must have sustained exceptional achievements in neuroscience as evidenced by publications, inventions, and/or awards.
- Nominees must have served the profession through SfN and/or related organizations.
- Nominees must have bene recognized at a national or international level as a scientist, educator, businessperson, or administrator in neuroscience.
- Nominees must have demonstrated a high degree of imagination, innovation, and initiative in the pursuit of neuroscience.
Learn More About Past Award Winners
- 2023: Nadia Chaudhri, PhD
- 2022: Marion Murray, PhD
- 2021: Leslie Ungerleider, PhD
- 2018: Vivien Casagrande, PhD
- 2017: Nancy Rutledge Zahniser, PhD
- 2016: Karen Gale, PhD
- 2015: Allison Doupe, PhD
- 2013: Rita Levi-Montalcini, MD
- 2009: Ann Kelley, PhD
- 2008: Lawrence Katz, PhD
- 2003: Patricia Goldman-Rakic, PhD
- 2001: Miriam (Mika) Salpeter, PhD
Achievement Awards Selection Committee
Jensen, Frances E
University of Pennsylvania
Dunlop, Sarah A
The University of Western Australia
Carnegie Mellon University
Brinton, Roberta Diaz
University of Arizona
Mayberg, Helen S