IBRO World Congress Travel Awards
The 11th IBRO World Congress will take place in Granada, Spain, September 9–13, 2023. SfN offers up to 15 travel awards in the amount of $2,500 each for PhD candidates or individuals doing postdoctoral work in the United States, Canada, and Mexico to attend the IBRO World Congress. Recipients are chosen by the strength of their application materials. Recipients may not receive additional travel awards from IBRO, FENS, or JNS to attend this event.
Applicant may not receive additional travel awards from IBRO, FENS, or JNS to attend this event.
How to Apply
Submit the following materials by April 17, 2023 (5:00 p.m., EDT):
- One-page curriculum vitae (CV) including country of residency, education (including date of achieving PhD candidacy or start of postdoctoral work), honors, awards, and publications
- One letter of recommendation from an academic adviser
- An essay on career goals, planned research, and the value of attending the IBRO World Congress (up to 500 words)
- A copy of the proposed abstract that has been submitted to the IBRO World Congress.
Contact email@example.com with questions.
- Applicant must be living and working in the United States, Canada, or Mexico at the time of travel
- Applicant must be a PhD candidate or a postdoctoral scholar
- Applicant must be the first author of an abstract to be presented at the IBRO World Congress
- Applicant must be an SfN member in good standing
- Recipient must not have received another SfN travel award in the same calendar year
2019 Award Winners
- Oded Bein, New York University
- Jose Cano, University of Texas at El Paso
- Bryce Grier, Johns Hopkins University
- Behnaz Jarrahi, Stanford University
- HyungGoo Kim, Harvard University
- Soojin Kim, Northwestern University
- Mee Jung Ko, Purdue University
- Songjun Li, Boston University School of Medicine/Massachusetts General Hospital
- Shen Ning, Boston University
- Christina Reppucci, Michigan State University
- Krishna Sharma, Arkansas State University
- Hyeyoung Shin, Brown University
- Razia Sultana, Louisiana State University
- Mikaeel Valli, University of Toronto