IBRO World Congress Travel Awards
The 2019 application is now closed. Thank you for applying.
The 10th IBRO World Congress will take place in Daegu, South Korea, September 21-25, 2019. SfN offers up to 15 travel awards in the amount of $2,000 each to support the participation of U.S., Canadian, and Mexican graduate students who have advanced to candidacy for a PhD or postdoctoral fellows at the IBRO World Congress, held every four years. Recipients are chosen by the SfN online application.
- Paragraph describing what the applicant hopes to achieve by attending the IBRO World Congress (see instructions on application form)
- Copy of the applicant's proposed abstract (proof of submission due after winners announced)
- One-page letter of recommendation from the applicant's adviser
- Applicant’s one-page CV (please indicate country of citizenship)
Submit all materials using SfN's award nomination site.
Applicant may not receive additional travel awards from IBRO, FENS, or JNS to attend this event.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Applicant must be living and working in the United States, Canada or Mexico at the time of travel to the conference.
- Applicant must be a graduate student who has advanced to candidacy for a PhD or a postdoctoral trainee
- Applicant must be the first author of an abstract to be presented at the Congress and must submit proof of abstract submission
- Applicant must be an SfN member in good standing
- Applicant may not be the recipient of another SfN travel award in the same year
2015 Award Winners
- Shana Augustin, PhD
- Phillip Baker, PhD
- Andre Bastos, PhD
- Louis-Philippe Bernier, PhD
- Jessica Chancey, PhD
- Rachel Donahue, PhD
- Ryan Guglietta, PhD
- Jordan Harrison, PhD
- David Kupferschmidt, PhD
- Sarah Latchney, PhD
- Fanuel Muindi, PhD
- Shaun Patel, PhD
- Francois St-Pierre, PhD
- Jack Tung, PhD