IBRO World Congress Travel Awards
The next time the IBRO World Congress will be held is 2027. The information below is for reference only.
The 11th IBRO World Congress will take place in Granada, Spain, September 9–13, 2023. SfN offers up to 15 travel awards in the amount of $2,500 each for PhD candidates or individuals doing postdoctoral work in the United States, Canada, and Mexico to attend the IBRO World Congress. Recipients are chosen by the strength of their application materials. Recipients may not receive additional travel awards from IBRO, FENS, or JNS to attend this event.
Applicant may not receive additional travel awards from IBRO, FENS, or JNS to attend this event.
How to Apply
Submit the following materials by April 17, 2023 (5:00 p.m., EDT):
- One-page curriculum vitae (CV) including country of residency, education (including date of achieving PhD candidacy or start of postdoctoral work), honors, awards, and publications
- One letter of recommendation from an academic adviser
- An essay on career goals, planned research, and the value of attending the IBRO World Congress (up to 500 words)
- A copy of the proposed abstract that has been submitted to the IBRO World Congress.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Applicant must be living and working in the United States, Canada, or Mexico at the time of travel
- Applicant must be a PhD candidate or a postdoctoral scholar
- Applicant must be the first author of an abstract to be presented at the IBRO World Congress
- Applicant must be an SfN member in good standing
- Recipient must not have received another SfN travel award in the same calendar year
2023 IBRO Travel Award Winners
- Claudia Aguirre, University of California, Los Angeles
- Gal Atlan, University of California, San Francisco
- Jordan Carter, Medical University of South Carolina
- Kerlys Correoso Braña, Center for Research and Advanced Studies of the National Polytechnic Institute
- Claudia Gualtieri, University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- Indira Harahap-Carrillo, University of California, Riverside
- Ruchita Kothari, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- Luis Márquez, Center for Research and Advanced Studies of the National Polytechnic Institute
- Citlalli Netzahualcoyotzi Piedra, National Autonomous University of Mexico
- Paola Rodriguez Moreno, National Autonomous University of Mexico