IBRO World Congress Travel Awards
The 9th IBRO World Congress will take place in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, July 7-11, 2015. SfN offers up to 15 travel awards in the amount of $2,000 each to support the participation of U.S., Canadian, and Mexican graduate students who have advanced to candidacy for a PhD or postdoctoral fellows at the IBRO World Congress, held every four years. Recipients are chosen by the SfN online application.
- Paragraph describing what the applicant hopes to achieve by attending the IBRO World Congress (see instructions on application form)
- Copy of the applicant's proposed abstract (proof of submission due after winners announced)
- One-page letter of recommendation from the applicant's adviser
- Applicant’s one-page CV (please indicate country of citizenship)
Submit all materials using SfN's award nomination site.
Contact email@example.com with questions.
- Applicant must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States, Canada, or Mexico (subject to verification)
- Applicant must be a graduate student who has advanced to candidacy for a PhD or a postdoctoral trainee
- Applicant must be the first author of an abstract to be presented at the Congress and must submit proof of abstract submission
- Applicant must be an SfN member in good standing
- Applicant may not be the recipient of another SfN travel award in the same year