- DARPA wants to fix broken brains, restore lost memories
- Europe's Horizon 2020 ready for rollout
- NIH research is ailing from the budget squeeze
- Fearful memories passed down to mouse descendants
- As government support tightens, scientists must become better communicators
It's not too early to prepare a research presentation for Neuroscience 2014, to be held Nov. 15-19 in Washington, DC. Submissions are open now for symposia, minisymposia, and Social Issues Roundtables.
The bipartisan House and Senate Budget Conference Committee will meet in the coming days to negotiate the 2014 top-line budget. As they meet, it is important your legislators hear from you about the impacts their decisions can have on biomedical research. Ask your legislators to reverse sequestration and ensure programs such as those that support lifesaving biomedical research are able to receive the highest level of funding possible.