Application Deadline: Training in Neurotherapeutics Discovery and Development for Academic Scientists
November 15, 2017, 12:00 AM
This training program in neurotherapeutics discovery and development is an intensive 3½ -day course that will provide trainees with the various knowledge elements required to discover and advance a neurotherapeutic agent to Investigational New Drug (IND) Application. Following the course, the training program will continue for a two-year period during which students will have individualized mentoring.
The training, which is designed to be applicable to diverse diseases of the nervous system, will equip students with a broad understanding of the various component steps in the neurotherapeutics drug discovery and development process.
Students will learn:
- How to identify a good drug discovery target
- How to construct an assay
- The elements of medicinal chemistry
- How to conduct animal efficacy testing
- The principals of ADME studies and safety/toxicology testing
- The steps required to prepare an IND document