Participate in Week Four of SfN's "Take the Hill Home" in August
Thank you for your hard work during the August “Take the Hill Home” effort and throughout the year. Your voice will be critical in supporting research in the coming weeks, as Congress must take action on the budget before October 1. Be ready to speak up.
For the final week of our August effort, commit to continue advocating year-round on behalf of neuroscience with one of these activities:
- Involve your chapter in advocacy and apply for a chapter grant.
- Schedule an in-district meeting with a legislator during the next Congressional recess.
- Spread the word by adding information about advocacy to your scientific talks to serve as a reminder that the majority of scientific research depends on federal funding.
- Learn more at SfN.org/Advocacy or contact email@example.com.
It’s not too late to participate in the first three weeks of advocacy:
- Week one: watch SfN’s recent webinar “From Congress to Your Lab: How Federal Funding Affects Your Science.”
- Week two: write your members of Congress and tell them that funding for research is a tool for economic growth and, more importantly, for advancing health.
- Week three: use social media to tell your legislators that cuts to biomedical research harm all Americans.