FENS Forum Awards
The next time the FENS Forum Awards will be offered is in 2024. The information below is for reference only.
Every other year, SfN and the Federation of European Neuroscience Societies (FENS) provide a joint travel award exchange program for graduate students who have reached PhD candidacy and postdoctoral fellows to attend their respective meetings.
SfN provides ten awards in the amount of $2,500 for SfN members from the United States, Canada, and Mexico to attend the biennial FENS Forum.
To be eligible to apply for a FENS Forum Award, prospective applicants must submit an abstract to the FENS Forum by the March 1, 2022 deadline at their own expense.
The 13th FENS Forum of Neuroscience will be held in Paris , France, from July 9 – 13, 2022, visit their webpage for more information.
FENS Forum Award recipients will be selected based on the scientific merit of the abstract submitted to the FENS Forum and the strength of related application materials.
Award recipients receive award funds following the FENS Forum.
Required Application Materials
Submit the following materials by March 29, 5 p.m. EST:
- One-page curriculum vitae (CV), including country of residency and education (note when applicant advanced to PhD candidacy), honors, awards, and publications
- One letter of recommendation from an academic advisor
- A copy of the abstract that has been submitted for the conference. Awardees must submit an abstract at their own expense by the FENS deadline of March 1, 2022, 11:59 p.m. CET (5 p.m. EST). SfN will request proof of submission from awardees
- A maximum 500-word essay describing career goals, planned research, and the value of attending the FENS Forum
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Applicant must be living and working in the United States, Canada, or Mexico at the time of travel to the conference.
- Applicant must be enrolled as a graduate student who has advanced to PhD candidacy or postdoctoral fellowship.
- Applicant must be the first author of an abstract to be presented at the FENS Forum.
- Applicant must have an active individual SfN membership.
- Applicant cannot receive another SfN travel award in the same calendar year.
- Applicant cannot receive additional travel awards from IBRO, FENS, or JNS to attend the FENS Forum.
2022 FENS Forum Award Recipients
- Robert Aukema, University of Calgary
- Tobias Bock, Columbia University
- Simon Chamberland, New York University
- Ron DiTullio, University of Pennsylvania
- Marta Garcia-Forn, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Arthur Godino, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Baihan Lin, Columbia University
- Remy Meir, Brown University
- Marie-Kim St-Pierre, Université Laval
- He Tian, Harvard University