Exhibit Guide Advertising
The Exhibit Guide is distributed to all annual meeting attendees. Attendees refer to the Exhibit Guide during and long after the meeting. Attendees are much more likely to visit an exhibit space based on an ad detailing how your product or service can improve their work.
- Advertising deadline: August 27
- Ad materials deadline: August 27
Advertising Materials Submission
- To submit advertising materials for placement, complete an Exhibit Guide Advertising Materials Form
- To submit advertising materials via the SfN meetings FTP site, email email@example.com for instructions (Subject: "2021 Exhibit Guide Advertising Materials FTP Site")
- Rates: Black and white and color ads are the same price in USD. Ads submitted as “black only” are converted to process black.
Exhibit Guide Rates:
(black and white only)
|$475 per inch
Additional charge if not camera ready. Box ads are inserted within the text of the alphabetical exhibitor list.
Preferred positions are assigned on a first come, first served basis. Note: You must also purchase the above ad (full page or half page).
|Exhibit Guide Preferred Advertising Locations||Rate (upcharge)|
|P&EG - 1 - Inside Front Cover / Presidents Letter||$2,805.00 (Sold)|
|P&EG - 2 - Welcome Page||$561.00|
|P&EG - 3 - Info at a Glance||$561.00 (Sold)|
|P&EG - 4 - Table of Contents (Horizontal 1/2 page only)||$354.75 (Sold)|
|P&EG - 5 - Program at a Glance||$561.00 (Sold)|
|P&EG - 6 - Section Opener - Session & Events||$561.00 (Sold)|
|P&EG - 7 - Session Opener - Registration, Hotel & Travel||$561.00|
|P&EG - 8 - Session Opener - Exhibit Guide||$561.00 (Sold)|
|P&EG - 9 - About the Exhibit Hall||$561.00 (Sold)|
|P&EG - 10 - About the Exhibit Hall (Horizontal 1/2 page only)||$354.75|
|P&EG - 11 - Exhibitor Index||$561.00 (Sold)|
|P&EG - 12 - Product Index||$561.00|
|P&EG - 13 - Conference Center and Hotel Floor Plans||$561.00|
|P&EG - 14 - Advertisers Index (Horizontal 1/2 page only)||$354.75 (Sold)|
|P&EG - 15 - Page Before Floor Plan||$2,805.00|
|P&EG - 16 - Inside Back Cover||$2,805.00 (Sold)|
|P&EG - 17 - Back Cover||$3,740.00 (Sold)|
Online Purchase/Payment: Ad space for the Program & Exhibit Guide must be purchased online and can be done at the time of requesting booth space or at a later date by logging into your online account and complete the Order Additional Space/Item contract. Once logged in, click on “Exhibition Contract” link and select “Order Additional Space/Items.
Payment of total advertising cost must accompany the Exhibit Guide advertising application. Placements are assigned on a first come, first served basis, based on when order applications/payments are received. Applications are processed once payment is received in full.
Guidelines and Specifications
- Page size: 8.5” x 10.875”
- Inks: Four-color process, no additional spot colors
- Stock: Coated
- Bindery: Perfect bound
- Content: The Exhibit Guide is a widely-used tool by meeting attendees to navigate the exhibit hall. Preceded by a brief introduction about the exhibit hall and an overall schedule for the meeting ("Program at a Glance"), the publication is organized into four sections:
- Company index
- Product index
- Publication index
- Advertisers index
- The publication also includes a map of the Exhibit Hall
- Color Specifications: All “spot colors” other than standard process inks must be created using appropriate color builds of cyan, magenta, yellow, and black. Convert all colors to CMYK.
- Placement Policy: Ads are interspersed throughout the publication, and SfN reserves the right to place ads wherever space is available. Preferred Location placement requests will be honored; preferred location rates apply. Box ads are placed within the text of the alpha exhibitor listing.
- Technical Requirements: Typography/Rules--Rules less than 4 points and small type under 7 points (san serif), 12 points (serif) or smaller should be created using black only. Fine serif, such as Bodoni, should be black at 14 points or smaller. Use of san serif type is recommended.
- Digital Production Requirements:
- Trim Size: 8.5" x 10.875"
- Full-page ads must include 1/8" bleeds on all sides
- PDF files are accepted exclusively. Embed all fonts. All color ads must be in CMYK mode; RGB, LAB, spot or indexed modes are not acceptable. Black and white ads must be in gray-scale mode; RGB, LAB, spot, or indexed modes are not acceptable. Make sure all knockouts and overprints are properly set. Ads submitted digitally will print as submitted. SfN will not make any adjustments to color, ink, overprint, knock outs, fonts, text content, image densities, or ad layout.
- Proof and check all PDFs for accuracy prior to transmission; For color files, proof and check all color separations.
- Confirm that all ads are the correct dimensions (see below)
- Convert text used in a logo to outline graphics
- Do not use super blacks, rich blacks, CMYK blacks, or process black for text
- Embedded images must be CMYK or grayscale TIFF or EPS no less than 300 dpi. Do not nest EPS files into other EPS files
- PC or MAC application files for digital ads are not accepted
|Full page, with bleeds
(1/8 bleeds on all sides)
|8.5” x 10.875”|
|Full page, without bleeds
||8.5” x 10.875”||Note: Please make sure content is away from all sides (use at least 0.25” margins) to avoid content getting cut off or being too close to edge/spine.|
|Half page horizontal||7” x 5”|
|Half page vertical||3.5” x 10”|
|Quarter page||3.5” x 5”||Note: 5" x 3.5" not accepted|
|3.5” x 1”|
Note: If you have purchased one of the preferred locations:
|Inside front cover||7.8363" x 10.875"||Include 0.125" bleed|
|Floor plan||7.9375" x 10.875"||Include 0.125" bleed|
|Inside Back Cover||8.3125" x 10.875"||Include 0.125" bleed|
|Back Cover||8.4613" x 10.875"||Include 0.125" bleed|
- Ads should be prepared to exact size specifications. Ads will be billed at the size submitted.
- Exhibit Guide Advertising Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received by June 30 will result in a charge equal to 25 percent of total cost of order. Cancellations received between July 1 and August 11 will result in a charge equal to 50 percent of total cost of order. No refunds granted after August 11. Refunds are not granted for Exhibit Guide preferred locations.