How to Update Profile Image with the Neuroscience 2021 Badge Guide
Congratulations! You are taking the next step in digital engagement for Neuroscience 2021. This will let your followers and colleagues know that you are participating in the upcoming virtual experience! The following instructions show you how to add a Neuroscience 2021 badge to your social media profile photo using Canva, a free resource. This is one of multiple ways to update your profile image. Feel free to conduct a web search for Canva alternatives that best fit you.
- Make an account with Canva.com - it's free!
- Top right select "Create a design" and select " + "Custom size" from the drop-down selection
- Type in 2040 x 2048 px and select "Create a new design".
(Width: 2048 / Height: 2048 | px means pixels | Also, the little lock should be open)
- Next, your screen will show you a square template.
- Select "Upload" on the left side of your screen and select "upload media."
- Select "Upload" from your device or wherever you would like to upload your profile photo from.
- Once you’ve uploaded your profile photo, repeat the same process to upload the Neuroscience 2021 badge you just downloaded.
- Once uploaded select "Elements" on the left side of your screen and go down to "Frames" and select the circle.
- A circle will appear on your square template. Please expand it to fit the square.
- Next, go back to "Uploads" and drag your photo to the circle frame. This will place your profile photo into the circle frame.
To re-center the photo, just double click and move to your desired placement
- With the "Upload" section still displayed on the right-hand side, click the Neuroscience 2021 badge and it will show on top of your photo.
- Expand the badge to be on the border of your photo. You should still be able to see the circle outline.
- Once your profile photo is to your desired look, name your photo and select "Download." Feel free to keep the suggested PNG as your file. type.
- Your photo will then commence to download and will show in your "Downloads" folder on your device.
- Now you have your profile photo to upload to all your social media channels that will display that you are presenting at Neuroscience 2021. Congratulations!