- The Society's official housing company is Convention Management Resources (CMR).
- SfN Housing is not responsible for hotel reservation requests sent prior to August 5 for members and August 10 for nonmembers. Note: Members who renewed membership before Jan. 31, 2020, may register on August 4 and make hotel reservations.
- Make reservations online or by phone, fax, or email through the SfN Housing office. Submitting hotel reservations online is strongly encouraged and given priority over submissions via phone, fax, or mail. Online hotel reservations are made from actual inventory at the time of the reservation.
- Confirmations are immediately generated and sent via email.
- Reservations must be guaranteed with a valid credit card or check deposit in the amount of $400 per room or $800 per suite, regardless of hotel and room rate requested or assigned.
- Attendees who require an Americans with Disabilities Act-compliant room must check the ADA box when submitting the reservation online. An SfN housing representative will respond regarding specific requirements.
- Government employees eligible to receive the government rate can reserve government-rated rooms online or by phone. A limited number of government-rated rooms are available at most of the contracted hotels.
- SfN Housing will make reservations based on attendees' requests; however, special requests (two beds, a nonsmoking room, etc.) cannot be guaranteed by SfN Housing. It is the attendee's responsibility to reconfirm requests directly with the assigned hotel prior to arrival.
- Do not send duplicate requests for hotel reservations.
- Neither participating hotels nor SfN headquarters accept reservations directly.
Confirmation, Changes, and Cancellations
- Attendees who submit a housing request by phone, mail, or fax and do not receive confirmation within five business days may contact SfN Housing at SfNSupport@cmrus.com to follow up and avoid no-show charges.
- Attendees who cancel plans to attend Neuroscience 2020 should cancel meeting registration and hotel reservations as quickly as possible. If a reservation is properly cancelled, another registrant may reserve the room.
- Hotel reservations may be changed or cancelled online until September 25. Any changes made after September 25 are subject to availability. Beginning October 16, call the hotel directly for changes.
- You will need your last name as it appears on your registration confirmation and your registration confirmation number to access the housing website, which requires a last name as it appears on the original reservation confirmation, SfN Housing hotel confirmation number, email address used when making the reservation, and the zip or postal code provided when making the reservation. After changing or cancelling the reservation, you will receive an updated SfN hotel confirmation.
- Cancellations received after September 25 may be subject to a cancellation penalty.
- Confirmations issued by SfN Housing are honored by all hotels in the SfN block. Check that arrival and departure dates are accurate on hotel confirmation. Failure to arrive at the hotel on the confirmed date will result in the room being resold and one night's room charge, plus sales and occupancy tax. Hotels may also charge an early departure fee, so reconfirm departure date upon check-in.
- Hotel cancellation policies can vary. Verify the cancellation policy, printed at the bottom of the SfN hotel confirmation.
Student and Member Category I, II, and III Hotel Reservations
- A limited number of lower priced hotel rooms have been set aside for student and member category I, II, and III registrants, available until September 1.
- Rooms will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis until depleted or until September 2 when student and member category I, II, and III rated rooms are released for general sale to all Neuroscience 2020 attendees.
- Only student and member category I, II, and III registrants, spouses, immediate family members, or registered guests sponsored by a student or member category I, II, and III occupant are permitted to occupy hotel rooms within this block.
Press Hotel Reservations
- Housing for press opens on August 11. Once registered for Neuroscience 2020, press can reserve hotel rooms online or by phone, fax, email, or mail.
- A limited number of hotel rooms have been set aside for press. Rooms are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Only press members, spouses, or immediate family members can occupy hotel rooms within the press block.