Housing and Travel
It's Easy and Affordable to Travel and Stay in San Diego
Getting to San Diego is easy and convenient from cities across the U.S. and around the globe. The city offers daily nonstop flights to and from nearly 60 cities and thousands of domestic and international flights weekly.
Hotel accommodations are plentiful and the best and closest hotels will fill up fast. Options can offer stunning harbor and city views, convenient access to the convention center and nightlife, and affordable and practical options as well. The Neuroscience 2018 co-headquarters hotels are the Hilton Bayfront, Manchester Grand Hyatt, and San Diego Marriott Marquis Hotel and Marina.
The best housing goes fast and first to SfN members —join SfN or renew your membership now to take advantage of advance member registration and get a jump on the closest hotel choices.
International attendees at Neuroscience 2018 are encouraged to ensure a smooth trip by checking out U.S. travel regulations and acting early to secure visas, if needed.
Tips to Avoid Being Scammed
- Avoid scams. Fraudulent agents posing as Neuroscience 2018 vendors may offer annual meeting attendees deals on hotels, registration, and other meeting-related goods and services. SfN strongly recommends against entering into agreements with companies that are not directly contracted by SfN. These companies are NOT affiliated with SfN and SfN will be unable to provide assistance in resolving any disputes or issues. All legitimate communications of this sort will come from SfN directly or from Convention Management Resources (CMR) for housing and Convention Data Services (CDS) for registration. The CDS and CMR websites have "Official Provider - Neuroscience 2018" seals prominently displayed. More information on how to avoid fraudulent agents is available below.
- Avoid Google and other search engines. Get information directly from SfN's official annual meeting web pages. Scammers pay to position ads at the top of your search results, including the fraudulent sites that use the SfN name and meeting details.
- Book and confirm your registration and housing with CDS and CMR. Always start on sfn.org and go directly to the CDS and CMR websites. If you're unsure, look for the Official Registration and Housing Provider badges from SfN. Third-party companies often fraudulently represent themselves as travel agencies and soliciting attendees and exhibitors, and offer to assist with hotel reservations.
- Ignore and delete phishing emails. These email pose as SfN and try to entice you to disclose personal information, such as your username, password, or bank account details.
- Ignore and delete spoofing emails. These emails use an altered email address as the sender to hide the true origin, or make their emails look legitimate and lure you into clicking on links or downloading attachments. There should always be a legitimate phone number and method of contact.
- Look for these badges from our official partners: