The Professional Development Committee (PDC) supports and enhances the professional development of neuroscientists at all stages of their careers through education, training, networking, and other activities. The committee works to increase and enhance diversity by advancing the needs of women and underrepresented minorities in neuroscience.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Coordinate professional development activities, including workshops at the annual meeting.
- Provide input and oversight for NeuroJobs and the career development website.
- Oversee and serve as selection committee for the Neuroscience Scholars Program.
- Manage annual meeting activities that enhance diversity, such as the Diversity Fellows Poster Session, Mentor-Fellow Breakfast, and Diversity Reception.
- Host the Celebration of Women in Neuroscience Luncheon at the annual meeting.