Enhancing Rigor and Transparency in Neuroscience
For this virtual conference, SfN has partnered with NIH and neuroscientists around the world to provide you — no matter your career stage — with training resources to enhance rigor in experimental design, data analysis, and reporting of your research findings.
The insights, experiences, and practical approaches for enhancing the rigor and transparency of neuroscience research you will hear from experts in a breadth of disciplines will cover various topics, including:
- Differences between early stage discovery, hypothesis development, and formal hypothesis testing, and how to incorporate rigor at all stages.
- Experimental design and implementation to minimize bias.
- Considerations for data gathering and analysis, such as sample size planning, group compilation, statistical power, and the meaning of statistical significance.
- NIH training resources and requirements for improving rigor and reproducibility in biomedical research.
- Transparent publishing practices and their effect on enhancing rigor in neuroscience research.
- How the field can incentivize rigorous research.