SfN's Embargo Policy
Report original research.
- At the time of abstract submission, the study should not have been previously published verbatim as a scientific article or meeting abstract. Note that interim research products, including manuscripts deposited to a preprint server, are eligible for abstract submission.
- The abstract may not be presented verbatim at another meeting prior to the scheduled SfN presentation. Some aspect of the abstract must be original in the current SfN submission to reflect new progress.
All authors must abide by SfN's embargo policy.
- Research within an abstract to be presented at an SfN event is embargoed until the start of the in-person presentation of the abstract — unless the abstract falls within one of the two categories below. Abstracts within one of the two categories below are embargoed until the start of the SfN event’s in-person programming.
- Abstracts uploaded to the SfN-event virtual platform prior to the start of the SfN event’s in-person programming.
- Abstracts involved in an SfN-hosted press conference during the SfN event.
- Journalists and PIOs: see SfN’s Media Policy and Credentials for additional details.