CNS Meeting Travel Awards
Every year, SfN and the Chinese Neuroscience Society (CNS) provide a joint travel award exchange program for PhD candidates or individuals doing postdoctoral work to attend their respective meetings.
Prior to applying for the CNS meeting travel award, applicants must submit an abstract to CNS Annual Meeting by the deadline at their own expense. Please note, you must be registered for the CNS Annual Meeting before being able to submit an abstract.
Abstract submission for the CNS Annual Meeting will open on Thursday, February 1, 2024, and will close Tuesday, April 30, 2024. Please follow the CNS Annual Meeting website for any updates.
The 2024 SfN travel award will cover registration fees for SfN members from the United States, Canada, and Mexico to participate in CNS’s 17th Annual Meeting, September 26–29, 2024 in Suzhou, China. See the CNS Annual Meeting website for more information.
Recipients will be selected based on the scientific merit of the abstract submitted to the and the strength of related application materials. Recipients may not receive additional travel awards from CNS, IBRO, FENS, JNS to attend this event.
Upon notification of winning the award, SfN travel recipients will be refunded the CNS meeting registration fees. A travel stipend of $2,500 will be sent to the recipient after they submit in-person proof of attendance.
Before Applying With SfN
- Submit an abstract for the CNS Annual Meeting by the end of their submission period, Tuesday, April 30, 2024.
How to Apply
Submit the following materials by the closing of the application period (TBA, Spring 2024):
- One-page curriculum vitae (CV) including country of residency, education (including date of achieving PhD candidacy or start of postdoctoral work), honors, awards, and publications
- One letter of recommendation from an academic adviser
- An essay on career goals, planned research, and the value of attending the CNS Annual Meeting (up to 500 words)
- A copy of the proposed abstract that has been submitted to the CNS Annual Meeting
Contact email@example.com with questions.
- Applicant must be living and working in the United States, Canada, or Mexico at the time of travel.
- Applicant must be a PhD candidate or postdoctoral scholar.
- Applicant must be an SfN member in good standing.
- Applicant must be the first author on an abstract to be presented at the CNS Annual Meeting.
- Recipient must not have received another SfN travel award in the same calendar year.
- Preference will be given to those who have not previously had extensive experience living or working in China.