Welcome to NSP Central!
As members of the Neuroscience Scholars Program, you have access to curated resources for mentoring relationships, professional development, and more.
Remember to update your contact information in your SfN account.
Congratulations Dr. Monique Mendes on your selection as a 2022 Hanna H. Gray Fellow!
Monique Mendes is working to understand how astrocytes – specialized cells of the central nervous system – coordinate and respond to neuronal activity across brain states and behavior. Mendes wants to use novel imaging technology to simultaneously study the activity of neuronal populations and astrocytes in awake behaving mice. Identifying the mechanism that drives these interactions will answer fundamental questions about astrocyte physiology and the causal influence of astrocyte activity on neural circuits.
Want to shine the spotlight on a fellow Scholar or Alumnus? Submit a nomination here.
Webinars and NSP Community
Register for upcoming webinars and view past content on-demand.
Private NSP group for Scholars and Alumni to connect, participate in live chat discussions, view upcoming events, and discover career, funding, and networking opportunities and resources.
- View the Neuronline Community User Guide
- View the Neuronline Community User Guide
Preparing the Next Generation of Neuroscience Leaders 2019
About the Conference
This summer SfN hosted a conference for the NSP Community to dive into leadership skills, personal and scientific promotions, and grant writing, while creating additional opportunities for professional development, networking, and community building.
Preparing the Next Generation of Neuroscience Leaders 2019 Video
Watch the conference video here.
Diversity Poster Session
For trainees to present their research and network with other scientists. Past participants were sponsored by NSP, the Summer Program in Neuroscience, Ethics & Survival (SPINES), and others.
View Past Programs
Explore these resources from SfN, Neuronline, and outside institutions.
- SfN NSP Mentoring Agreement
- SfN Guide for Mentoring
- New to Mentoring? Have a New Mentor? Don't Miss These Tips
- Mentor-Mentee Interaction: How to Have a Difficult Conversation
- How to Find Mentors and Be a Mentor as a Postdoc
- Writing an Individual Development Plan (From the University of Wisconsin-Madison Institute for Clinical and Translational Research)
- Optimizing the Practice of Mentoring (From the University of Minnesota Clinical and Translational Science Institute)
- LinkedIn Learning
- Research Mentor Training for Neuroscience Faculty
- Eleven Tips for Being a Good Mentor
- Five Ways Mentors Can Support Grad Students
- How to Mentor Graduate Students: A Guide for Faculty (From the University of Michigan's Rackham Graduate School)
- Common Expectations for Mentors (From the University of Wisconsin-Madison Institute for Clinical and Translational Research)
- Cultivating Relationship Resources (From the University of Wisconsin-Madison Institute for Clinical and Translational Research)
- Your Science Avengers: How to Assemble Your Mentoring Team
- How to Find A Mentor as a Graduate Student
- Strategies to Address Issues with Your Mentor
- Mentor-Mentee Interaction: How to Have a Difficult ConversationHow to Get the Mentoring You Want: A Guide for Graduate Students (From the University of Michigan's Rackham Graduate School)
- Common Expectations for Mentees (From the University of Wisconsin-Madison's Institute for Clinical and Translational Research)
- Getting the Most Out of Your Mentoring Relationship
- My Advice for Finding Mentors
Expense Report Information
Create an Expense Report in Concur – Detail
This includes detailed step-by-step instructions for submitting an expense report.
Create an Expense Report in Concur – Summarized
This includes summarized version of instructions for submitting an expense report.
Gant Travel Contact Sheet
Contact information for Gant /Concur.
Booking with Concur
This includes instructions on how to book travel using Concur.
NSP Scholar Funding Opportunities
Fellow Enrichment Funds
- Review the Enrichment Fund Guidelines.
- When you have identified an activity/purchase, login to this site.
- Select Enrichment Fund Request Form from the drop-down menu.
- Submit the form by pressing the blue Send Application Request button.
IBRO-USCRC Fellowships for Associates and Fellows
- Current NSP Scholars are eligible to apply for IBRO fellowships that will provide up to $5,000 to attend national or international workshops, courses, and conferences to increase opportunities for learning, networking, and collaborations. Up to 7 awardees will be selected in 2020.
- Learn more about eligible courses and apply: 2021 IBRO-USCRC NSP Fellowship