Diversity and inclusion are organizational priorities of SfN and programming must ensure representation of all members. The following pages created by external organizations are available to identify speakers from diverse backgrounds. To recruit speakers from the Neuroscience Scholars Program (NSP), email email@example.com. To recruit speakers from the Latin American Training Program (LATP), email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 500 Queer Scientists – Voluntary database of LGBTQ+ scientists, indexed by topic, though not by position
- 500 Women Scientists – Voluntary database of self-identifying women with expertise in STEMM, indexed by topic, though not by position
- American Society for Cell Biology (ASCB) Women in Cell Biology and Minority Affairs Committee
- Anne’s List – Highlighting female systems neuroscientists
- Black_Neuroscience_PIs – A continually-updated community Google Doc
- 100 inspiring Black scientists in America – Black scientists from all disciplines
- 100 more inspiring Black scientists in America
- Diversify STEM Conferences – Speakers list, search by “Neuroscience”
- National Hispanic Science Network
- Spark Society's Database of Cognitive Scientists of Color – A continually-updated community Google Doc
- #BlackInNeuro Community Speakers List – Browse profiles and search tags to learn about these scientists, engineers, educators, and more
- Women in Neuroscience Repository
- SACNAS Biography Project – an online archive of first-person stories by and about Chicano/Hispanic and Native American scientists with advanced degrees in science.
- 100 inspiring Hispanic/Latinx scientists in America – highlights scientists encompassing careers within academia, government, and biotech and showcases individuals committed to serving diverse student populations at Hispanic-serving institutions