China, People's Republic of
Supports research and development in natural sciences, technological science, and high-tech innovation, with special emphasis on funding young and international researchers. Travel awards and fellowships are available. Click here for links to partnering institutions.
Funds research in multiple areas and is affiliated with the state council for the management of the National Natural Science Fund. NSFC offers fellowship and scholarship programs and promotes special programs for young scholars, international scholars, and group research projects.
Funds research in multiple areas and includes links to joint research schemes. RGC offers small- and large-scale research projects, joint schemes, and general research grants, and sponsors special postdoctoral conference travel awards and grants for group research.
This publically funded research and development organization offers travel and general research grants and funds programs especially for youth, scientific leadership, and early and established career researchers.
Conducts and funds research in medical sciences; provides short-term fellowships, ad-hoc research grants, and institutional grants; and has special programs for junior researchers and visiting scholars.
Promotes the establishment of infrastructure for science in society, collaborates extensively with the Japanese Society for the Promotion of Science, and arranges housing accommodations and Japanese language classes for foreign researchers.
Supports research in multiple areas, including long- and short-term research fellowships and a PhD program for Asian/African researchers as well as fellowships for early and established career researchers. Website includes links to institutes where research fellows are placed.
- Altman Award in Developmental Neuroscience
- Scope of the Award: Research in developmental neuroscience at the tissue and cellular levels. The scope of the Award is not limited to phenomena during fetal or developmental stages; it also includes adult neurogenesis and its biological significance and its changes resulting from aging and diseases. (As a general rule, applied studies are not included within the scope of the Award.)
- Eligibility: As a general rule, researchers who have received their doctorate degree within the past 20 years. (Not limited to members of JNS.)
- Supplemental Prize: 10,000 USD (Fixed amount if the Award is granted to two or more recipients.)
- Selection Criteria:
- Submit three articles. (Only original articles are evaluated, and review papers should not be included.)
- One corresponding author article published within five years of the application deadline
- Two first or corresponding author articles (no limitation of published year)
- How to Apply: Please visit the JNS page for more information.
Korea, Republic of
Funds research in multiple areas, collaborates extensively with the National Research Laboratory, and provides general research and development grants, as well as international joint research programs.
Funds research in multiple areas and maintains consistent collaboration with the Korean Institute of Science and Technology. Funds special international programs and supports leading researchers, laboratories, postdocs, and early career investigators.
Funds research in biotechnology and other areas of research and development with societal impact, offers a ScienceFund Award for R&D projects in the applied sciences.
Promotes science and technology research, funds the Pakistan Scientific and Technological Information Center, and offers research grants, travel awards, and fellowships. Eligible applicants include institutions, scientific societies, and early and established career researchers.
Funds research in biomedical sciences and provides general research grants, fellowships for young researchers, and long-term grants for research centers of excellence.
Funds research in multiple areas, including health and medical sciences, and collaborates with four national research centers. General research grants are available.