Undergraduate Brain Awareness Travel Award
SfN and the Faculty for Undergraduate Neuroscience (FUN) cosponsor a travel award to honor an outstanding undergraduate student active in neuroscience education and outreach. The award includes complimentary registration to the SfN annual meeting and a $750 stipend to offset travel expenses.
Applications are evaluated on:
- The importance, quality, and originality of the Brain Awareness work.
- The student’s contribution to the Brain Awareness project.
- The candidate’s potential as a scientist or a science educator.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should visit the Faculty for Undergraduate Neuroscience (FUN) award website to apply.
Applications will open in summer 2019.
- Qualifying neuroscience education and/or outreach work may have occurred at any time during the year, not necessarily during Brain Awareness Week.
- Students who have graduated are eligible if the Brain Awareness project was done during their undergraduate years.
- All applications must be sponsored by a dues-paying member of the Faculty for Undergraduate Neuroscience.
- 2018: Sydney Rosenthal, St. Louis University
- 2017: Carin Papendorp, Brown University
- 2016: Ashlyn Brown, Westminster College
- 2015: Ellen Emery, Azusa Pacific University
- 2014: Alexandria R. D'Ambruoso, University of New England
- 2013: Ashleigh Gonzales, Arizona State University
- 2012: Sasha Halasz, Moravian College
- 2011: Daniella Brutman, Lake Forest College
- 2010: Tayler O'Connell, Ohio Wesleyan University
- 2009: Allison Batties, Lycoming College, and Michael Miller, Binghamton University