SfN now offers automatic membership renewals. Enroll through My SfN to have your membership automatically renewed each year, ensuring constant access to member benefits and eligibility for Bonus Day housing.
Why Should You Sign Up for Automatic Membership Renewal?
- Save time – One less thing to remember to take care of each year
- Uninterrupted membership – Never miss out on any of your valuable member benefits
- Bonus Day – You’ll have access to your choice of prime housing for the annual meeting before the opening of advance member registration
- Support the field – Your dues enhance professional development initiatives, public outreach, advocacy, and more
- Go green – Reduces paper invoices and their impact on the environment
Please note: You must have an active current membership in order to sign up for future automatic renewals.
Program Terms & Conditions
By opting into the automatic membership renewal program with the Society for Neuroscience (SfN, or "the Society"), the enrolling member ("you" or "the member") affirms that he/she has carefully read, understands, and agrees to the following terms and conditions:
I. Terms and Fees. By opting into the automatic membership renewal program, you authorize SfN to charge your credit card on file for your membership dues once each year. (See Section II for details about payments and billing.)
- Membership Type. Your membership will be renewed at the same membership type most recently associated with your account. You may change membership types at any point during the year and will be responsible for any additional fees associated with the new member type.
- Membership Fees. Membership fees may change from year to year. Automatic renewals will be charged at the then-current rate.
- Membership Terms of Service. All SfN memberships are valid from January 1 to December 31 of the calendar year. Membership fees are not prorated.
- Payment Dates. The date on which SfN initiates automatic renewal charges may vary from year to year. (See Section IV for information on notifications.)
II. No-Refund Policy and Termination. All payments made through the automatic renewals program are nonrefundable. You may opt out of automatic renewals at any time, but all payments made prior to opting out are nonrefundable. In the case of unauthorized payments made using credit cards belonging to the member's institution/organization/company (hereafter "institution"), a representative of the institution may contact SfN to dispute the charge within 45 days of the transaction for review. After 45 days, disputes regarding payments made on institution credit cards will not be considered.
III. Methods of Payment and Credit Card Terms. By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you authorize the Society for Neuroscience to process an automatic once-yearly recurring payment to SfN from the credit, debit, or bank card you have on file with the Society. Any automatic recurring payment method or renewal authorization will remain in effect until withdrawn by the member or terminated by SfN.
- Payment Form. The Society accepts credit, debit, and bank payments by VISA, MasterCard, and American Express. If paying using a credit card that belongs to your institution, you agree that you are an authorized user of said credit card. In the event that you become no longer authorized to use the card, you are responsible for removing the credit card information from your SfN account and replacing it with a different payment method.
- Billing Information. The member is responsible for maintaining true, current, and accurate billing and payment information in their membership account in order to facilitate automatic renewal payments.
- Currency. All payments must be made in United States dollars.
- Unpaid Balances. If SfN does not receive payment from your credit card issuer or its agent at the time when automatic renewal charges are initiated, you agree to pay all amounts due upon SfN's demand. If attempt(s) to collect payment fail, SfN at its discretion may consider your membership expired and you will forfeit any benefits associated with the automatic renewal program, including but not limited to Bonus Day eligibility. If you fail to renew your membership at a later date, SfN may cancel your enrollment in the automatic renewals program.
IV. Contact Information and Notifications. The Society will send email notifications about pending automatic renewal charges to the primary email address associated with your membership account. You are responsible for maintaining a current email address that is capable of receiving SfN emails as the primary email address associated with your account. Inability to receive SfN emails will not be regarded as grounds for refund.