Volunteer committee members provide expertise, develop and oversee projects, and help Council and SfN staff effectively represent and serve SfN members.
They are nominated and elected by SfN members. Committee terms vary and officially begin at SfN's annual meeting.
Learn about each committee and how you can get involved:
Several committees are organized into clusters to enable them to coordinate work and communication where appropriate.
- Financial Management Cluster: Audit Committee, Finance Committee, and Investment Committee
- Membership Engagement Cluster: International Affairs Committee, Membership and Chapters Committee, and Trainee Advisory Committee
- Professional Development and Training Cluster: Committee on Neuroscience Departments and Programs and Professional Development Committee.
- Public Outreach Cluster: Committee on Animals in Research, Government and Public Affairs Committee, and Public Education and Communication Committee.
- Scientific Publishing Cluster: Ethics Committee and Scientific Publications Committee
Volunteer Service Letter
Request a letter documenting your service as an SfN volunteer. Service includes time spent as a committee member, Brain Awareness Week volunteer, and volunteering in other capacities.