JNS Meeting Travel Awards
Every year, SfN and the Japan Neuroscience Society (JNS) provide a joint travel award exchange program for graduate students who have reached PhD candidacy or postdoctoral fellows to attend their respective meetings. SfN will provide five awards up to $2,000 to members from the United States, Canada, and Mexico to attend the Japan Neuroscience Society Meeting in Niigata, Japan, from July 25-28, 2019. Awardees must submit an abstract by the deadline. Visit the JNS meeting webpage to learn more about the meeting.
Recipients are selected based on the scientific merit of their abstract submitted to the forum and the strength of related application materials.
Award checks are presented to recipients following the JNS meeting.
Applicant may not receive additional travel awards from IBRO, FENS, or JNS to attend this event.APPLY NOW
How to Apply
Submit the following materials:
- One page curriculum vitae (CV) including country of residency and education (date of achieving PhD candidacy), honors, awards, and publications
- One letter of recommendation from an academic adviser
- A copy of the proposed abstract that will be submitted for the meeting. Awardees must submit the abstract and meet the JNS acceptance deadline of February 6, 12:00 noon (JST). Awardees will receive additional information about submission from SfN upon selection
- A 500-word or less essay on career goals, planned research, and the value of attending the JNS meeting
Contact email@example.com with questions.
- Must be living and working in the United States, Canada or Mexico at the time of travel to the conference
- Enrollment as a graduate student who has advanced to PhD candidacy or postdoctoral fellow
- SfN membership (from application to award presentation)
- Applicant is the first author on an abstract to be presented at the JNS meeting
- Applicant may not receive another SfN travel award in the same year
- Preference is given to those who have not previously had extensive experience living or working in Japan