As a condition for exhibiting, each exhibitor agrees to observe all Society policies.
Violations will incur a reduction in priority points for each regulation violated.
- First regulation violated will result in the company not accruing priority points for the year.
- Second regulation violated will result in the company losing one-half of its accrued priority points.
- Third regulation violated will result in the company losing all of its accrued priority points.
- Fourth regulation violated will result in the company not being eligible to exhibit at future Society meetings.
The Society reserves the right to levy a more severe penalty, without successive progression through the preceding regulations.
Below is a list of common violations that cause exhibitors to lose points if a violation occurs and is not corrected.
- Tearing down prior to Wednesday, November 7 at 5:00 p.m. PST (closing of Neuroscience 2018)
- Exceeding the height limit (see Booth Information)
- Entering a competitors booth space
- Obstructing the view of a neighbor's booth
- Distributing/posting advertising or literature outside the exhibitor's exhibit space
(i) Commercial General Liability Insurance (CGL), including bodily injury/property damage, products and completed operations, personal injury and contractual liability of not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence and $2,000,000 aggregate.
(ii) Workers Compensation Insurance in full compliance with all federal and state laws governing all of the exhibitor’s employees engaged in the performance of any work for the exhibitor or contractor in the jurisdiction where work is performed or services are provided.
(iii) Automobile Liability including owned (if any), hired and non-owned vehicles with a Combined Single Limit of not less than $1,000,000.
All Liability insurance must be endorsed to include the following Additional Insured wording and must be evidenced on ACORD 25 Certificates of Liability Insurance:
- Society for Neuroscience and San Diego Convention Center Corporation, Inc., The City of San Diego and San Diego Unified Port District, and the members, officers, directors, agents, and employees of each of these three entities are Additional Insureds with respect to Neuroscience 2018.
- Such required Liability insurance must be primary and non-contributory to any insurance maintained by the Society of Neuroscience and shall include a waiver of subrogation in favor of the Society for Neuroscience. All coverage must be in force from set-up on 10/31/2018 to tear-down on 11/08/18.
- Use of Umbrella Liability policy is acceptable; Certificate must include Umbrella details such as carrier and limit and specific reference to schedule of underlying coverage and follow the form of the underlying Liability insurance.All insurance companies must maintain a current AM Best rating of A VIII or better.
Exhibitors from countries other than the United States or Canada please note: the Coverage Territory provision (where coverage applies) of your policy may be limited and in many cases may not include coverage for claims brought in the United States. NFP Property & Casualty, SfN’s representative, will require evidence (a warranty statement under letterhead from the agent or broker) that coverage applies for claims brought in the USA. Many overseas exhibitors have found EventDefense to be an easy and cost effective method of assuring coverage compliance.
Certificate of Insurance Requirements
Each exhibitor MUST provide a Certificate of Insurance evidencing Commercial General Liability and Automobile Liability. If your insurance broker is providing the required evidence of coverage, please forward the certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 301-458-2155. If you have any questions, please feel free to call NFP Property & Casualty at 301-458-2116 and advise the operator that you are calling with regard to the Neuroscience 2018 meeting.
Certificate of Insurance Holder:
Society for Neuroscience
1121 14th St., NW, Ste. 1010
Washington, DC 20005
Coverage dates: Oct. 31–Nov. 8, 2018 (setup - teardown)
Exhibiting Companies Only (no I & D contractors please)
You may secure the required Commercial General Liability and Automobile Liability coverage through EventDefense, SfN’s approved online insurance program for exhibitors. The EventDefense premium of $75 (with Hired/Non-Owned Auto) will meet all CGL and Auto requirements providing coverage for the dates of the show from move in to move out and including the Society for Neuroscience and San Diego Convention Center Corporation, Inc., The City of San Diego and San Diego Unified Port District as Additional Insured.
Enrolling in EventDefense is quick and easy (less than five minutes for most exhibitors).
Online enrollment in EventDefense is open until 9 p.m. EST Saturday, November 3.
Exhibitor Appointed Contractors
See Installation and Dismantle information for complete details.
Certificate of Insurance Submission Deadline (Exhibitors): September 21
Indemnification and Limitations of Liability
Indemnification - The exhibitor shall defend, indemnify and hold the Society for Neuroscience and San Diego Convention Center Corporation, Inc., The City of San Diego and San Diego Unified Port District, and the members, officers, directors, agents, and employees harmless from and against any loss, damage, liability, claim, demand, action, cost and expense (including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs) arising out of or relating to personal injury (including death), property damage or any other damage caused or alleged to be caused by the negligence, willful misconduct, bad faith, failure to obtain proper licensing, copyright violations, or fraud, by exhibitor or its employees, agents or subcontractors. In addition, the exhibitor acknowledges and understands that the Society for Neuroscience and San Diego Convention Center Corporation, Inc., The City of San Diego and San Diego Unified Port District do not maintain insurance that will cover Exhibitor’s property, or any business interruption resulting from any injury or damages resulting from the exhibitor not being able to participate in any portion of the event, and that it is the sole responsibility of the exhibitor to obtain business interruption and property insurance as in their judgment may be required.
Cancellation of Meeting and Exhibition
It is mutually agreed that in the event Neuroscience 2018 is canceled due to the unavailability of the convention center for any reason, or due to acts of God, war, strikes, government regulation or advisory warnings (including travel advisory warnings by the government or World Health Organization), civil disturbance, terrorism, or threats of terrorism substantiated by governmental warnings or advisory notices, curtailment of transportation, epidemics, disaster, fire, earthquakes, hurricanes, unseasonable extreme inclement weather, shortages or disruption of the electrical power supply causing blackouts or rolling blackouts in San Diego, or any other comparable conditions or circumstances occurring either in the location of SfN’s meeting or in the countries/states of origin of at least 30 percent of the attendees or along their routes of travel, making it, at the sole discretion of SfN, commercially impracticable, illegal, or impossible to operate the event. In the event is cancelled pursuant to this paragraph, that the application and contract for exhibit space will be terminated. In the event of such terminate neither party shall be liable to the other for delay or failure to perform its obligations, except there shall be a prorated reduction of any fees payable or otherwise due under this agreement and/or refund of any deposits paid.