Patricia Goldman-Rakic Hall of Honor
The Patricia Goldman-Rakic Hall of Honor is a posthumous award for a neuroscientist who pursued career excellence and exhibited dedication to the advancement of women in neuroscience.
The recipient is recognized at the Celebration of Women in Neuroscience Luncheon held during the SfN annual meeting and the family of the deceased honoree receives an engraved Tiffany & Co. crystal bowl.APPLY NOW
Nomination Criteria & Materials
- Nominees do not need to be SfN members.
- Nominations must be made or endorsed by an SfN member.
- No person may nominate more than one candidate.
- Due to potential conflicts of interest, members of the selection committee cannot serve as nominators nor write letters of recommendation for this prize.
Nomination materials include the following:
- One nomination letter
- Maximum of two optional letters of recommendation (one letter must summarize key research accomplishments, mentoring, leadership and service, and the significance and impact of the candidate's work and activities related to the advancement of women's careers in neuroscience)
- Nominee’s CV
- Exhibited dedication to facilitating the mentoring and entry of young women into neuroscience or to the advancement of women in neuroscience
- Sustained exceptional achievements in neuroscience as evidenced by publications, inventions, and/or awards
- Served the profession through SfN and/or related organizations
- Recognized at a national or international level as a scientist, educator, businessperson, or administrator in neuroscience
- Demonstrated a high degree of imagination, innovation, and initiative in the pursuit of neuroscience